BOOKING & RESERVATIONS:
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- All rides must be paid for in full before they are confirmed. We will no longer be allowing walk-in rides, or customers to pay their balance day-of.
- Children must be 8 years old to go on a trail ride (10 years old for rides 2 hours or longer).
- Children 6 years and older can take a 30 minute lesson, 8 years and older can take lessons up to 1 hour in length.
- All riders under 18 years of age are required to wear a helmet. Riders 18 and older are strongly advised to wear a helmet, but are not required unless they are taking an English riding lesson. All English riders are required to wear a helmet, regardless of age.
- Weight limit to ride is 230 pounds. If you have questions regarding this rule, please contact us directly by phone or email.
- One rider per horse, no exceptions.
- Expectant mothers will not be permitted to ride.
- Chaparral Ranch reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason. The safety of our horses and clients is our top priority and if we feel as if something is unsafe, we will not allow it.
- Changes to your reservation (including updating the # of riders, rescheduling to a different date/time, etc.) must be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you are adding more riders, you must first confirm with Chaparral Ranch and pay the remaining balance at least 24 hours prior to your reservation.
- Refunds will not be given due to natural disasters including, but not limited to; fires, pandemics, acts of God, inclement weather, or other natural or manmade disasters such as war. In the event of one of these circumstances, all services may be used for credit on future activities.
- Extreme heat and cold (including rain, hail, snow, etc.) does not prevent us from operation. If you would like to reschedule because of inclement weather, please contact us as soon as possible to allow us time to plan accordingly.
- If we are going to cancel any rides/camps/etc. we will reach out to you using the contact information provided in your reservation.
- All no-shows and same-day cancellations will be charged in full without the option to reschedule.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to your reservation to be eligible for a full refund.
- If you would like to reschedule or make any changes to your reservation, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- There is a non-refundable $50.00 deposit if you cancel less than 10 working days prior to your reservation. However, the deposit can be transferred to another session (if available) with no penalty.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- All riders must wear long pants and closed toe shoes. No heels higher than ½”.
- Depending on the weather, we recommend wearing layers as the temperature often fluctuates on the rides.
- We strongly recommend bringing your own drinking water, as we do not have any available on site.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering while on-site and follow social distancing protocol.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride to allow time to check in, fill out necessary paperwork, and be fit for a helmet (if necessary).
- If you arrive late, your ride may be cancelled or shortened by the length of time that you are late. We have staff and horses available and waiting for you during your allotted time. If your ride runs late, then it affects our other clients who are on time and prepared.
DAY-OF EXPECTATIONS & RULES:
- All trail rides are walking only. There will be no trotting/cantering/galloping permitted. Failure to follow this rule may result in the ride ending early without the possibility for refund. We want all of our riders and their horses to have a fun, relaxing, and safe ride.
- Cell phones must be put away in a safe place while you are horseback. You must have your hands on the reins and be paying attention to your horse and the other horses around you at all times. Horses have a mind of their own and you have to always be in control of your horse. Chaparral Ranch is not held responsible for dropped or broken cell phones or personal property.
- These rules are designed for the safety of you, your horse, other riders, and the general public in the parks. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to riding with you!